Thursday, January 10, 2008

More Than Enough!


Good Morning!
What an amazing God we serve, I can hardly believe that less than 10 months ago we were preparing for our scouting trip to Mexico City to see if we were being called there.  Now we are in Costa Rica already into our second of three trimesters of learning Spanish!  In less then a year we have been to 4 countries, counting today! We are on our way out of the Country so that we can renew our visas.  This morning I was listening to a song called ENOUGH by Chris Tomlin and I was brought back to tears remembering three years ago, our move to Calgary.  We moved from Abbotsford to finish school in Calgary so that we could one day live our dream of being International Workers for the Christian and Missionary Alliance.   I remember moving into a small (dark and gross) basement and knowing it was exactly where were we called to be.  I remember singing the song by Chris Tomlin and dancing around our empty place with my girls and my twin sister (who also lived in Calgary) and believing in my heart that God is so good and that when you follow him with your whole heart you will always be so overcome with his faithfulness and his provision for you, that you can not help but sing and dance  and shout out your blessings.  So this morning I am listening to the same song and thinking wow! Three years ago in Calgary as I pondered the road we had just embarked on I had no clue of what was lying ahead of us, that we would be moving to Costa Rica and learning Spanish and preparing for ministry in Mexico City.  I had no idea that I would know more peace, more of God's faithfulness and more of God's protection that I could have never dreamed of or imagined!  All totally out of my comfort zone.  I remember our first days here in CR and remember feeling completely overwhelmed by culture shock crying almost every day as I processed what we were doing.  I believed in my heart that if I sowed seeds in tears I would one day reap a harvest in joy.  Today I am so full of joy! He is soooo good.  He is so much MORE THAN ENOUGH.
love Sandra

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you and miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

That was Auntie Mere by the way.

Anonymous said...

That was Auntie Mere by the way.

Anonymous said...

It is so true. I am encouraged by your blog today. All the best with your travels and getting back into CR!! Love you lots!

Darla

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are feeling more at home Sandra.. It has been an amazing journey so far... I can only "imagine" what He has lined up for you in Mexico.