Thursday, September 11, 2008

In Your Arms of Love


Well the last time this song was playing through my head and heart, I can remember driving away from our good friends (Kent and Ashley's) house in Calgary over a year ago as we were leaving for Costa Rica and not knowing when we would see them again. It was one of those moments where your heart is so sad and heavy there are no words.   I quietly heard these words,
"My heart is glad that you have called me your own there is no place I'd rather be,
than in your arms of love
holding me still holding me near
in your arms of love"
I love that the Holy spirit comforts us when we have no words to express our pain.  Those were the words to a worship song by Kutless "Arms of Love".
Yesterday I felt a similar pain, but one I have not begun to process.  Yesterday I found out that my identical twin sister may have third stage of a rare form of skin cancer.  I had always wondered when that horrible C word would really effect someone very close to me,  I have already lost a number of people to cancer but this is something I never would have imagined.  
SO how do I feel, numb, angery, I will fight I am not going to allow this!   But I also feel a quiet peace, that tells me stay calm, we can do this, one day at a time. 
As I was sitting here this morning I once again heard the sweet words to that song, playing in my heart without any invitation, I am so thankful that we are never alone and we have a comforter who knows the deepest things of our hearts and will never leave us.

here is a pic of my Claudia, please pray as God leads you.
love Sandra




4 comments:

The McClain's said...

Oh sweetie, I my heart crys for you. I will lift your sister and you to the Lord. I am confident that God will fill you with strength beyond your imagination and that He will use this, even if it is just a "scare" to His glory. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Have to say my heart sunk too when I read the news about Claudia...but the word that came to me immediately Sandra was "Fear not for I am with you - always". He's in the business of miracles these days (believing so w/ Julia and now with Claudia). Please give her my love next time you're talking to her... heather

Kristi Hopf: said...

Sandra,
My heart is saddened to hear your news. Your family and your sister are in my heart and prayers, and you epecially as you walk this journey from so far away.
Kristi

Kristi Hopf: said...
This comment has been removed by the author.