Monday, December 3, 2007

I felt the earth move!


Well today I felt my first earthquake! It was very small and the only way I knew that we were having an earthquake is because my tutor asked me if I was feeling it, I was getting dizzy while I was reading to her so I guess that is what I was experiencing.  Apparently Costa Rica experiences earthquakes all the time some are big and some are small but the majority  are small THANK YOU LORD!  We have two weeks left in this trimester I don't know if that is exciting or a scarey reality that we are 1/3 done our language study here in Costa Rica.  We are getting very excited about our families that are coming in for Christmas!  Less then two weeks till our first visitors arrive.  One request I can post on here is that I have really been trying to connect with Mauren our empleada's daughter who is around my age.  We had plans to get together with them last weekend but Carmela had a fever (still does) so we weren't able to get together with them.  But I would love the opportunity to get to know her and experience life with a Tica friend and learn the culture and share life with her!  Lorena also has another daughter named LLorli that we have tentative plans to get together with her this weekend so please pray that we are able to meet with Lorena's family and build a authentic relationship with them and as well as practice our spanish maybe God would bless us with the opportunity to ministry to a family who does not know him.  
oh ya the picture is of Carmela holding a bug, she loves bugs! oh I forgot to mention the bug I saw today!! it was a centipede 8 inches long I found him in the bathroom.  Yes it was a scared visit. :)

love always ME
Sandra

1 comment:

Kristi Hopf: said...

Hey Sandra,
I'd go with both the scared and excited reality of the trimester coming to a close. I have both mixed feelings as well. Though the end of this trimester means I am finished in Québec and am headed to Africa, just to start all over again with my third language! Yikes. I evny you just the one year in Spanish!
It is odd though, how it can be both excited and scary both at the same time. I understand completely!!
Kristi