Thursday, September 20, 2007

My reflections of today


I am sharing a poem that I spontaneously wrote after reflecting on Psalm 143:5 today :0 I hope it encourages someone out there!
Psalm 143:5
"I remember the days of long ago; I meditate on all your works and consider what your hands have done. I spread out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land.

Heavenly Father were I to recount the ways that you have been faithful they would out number the sand on the sea shore. You have not sheltered me from trouble or hardship in my life but I have experienced emptiness and hurting so that I can truly appreciate and recognize true peace and joy that can only come from you...not from your gifts but from your heart. Your plans are full of peace because of you Lord. The peace that surrounds your children is not a peace that the world experiences when all is well in love and war but a peace that cannot be expressed with our mouths. It lives in our hearts. You can see glimpes of it as we truly surrender our lives for you. It is what enables us to take risks inspite of danger. Whereever we go Lord we are sheltered not by temporary peace that comes and goes with changing circumstances of life but by a peace that is so much greater than ourselves, that simply calls us to walk and live by faith not by sight. This peace reminds us that we never walk alone. When we walk by faith it is the spirit that is guiding us strengthening us and compelling us.


love Sandra

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love it sanni
see i feel like each night we spent time together :)
xoxoxooxoxoxoxooxoxoo