Monday, July 30, 2007

Relaxing by the pool....


Ok, well not exactly :) I am resting with my Macbook watching swimming lessons happen in the pool, I am not sure if that counts. Well I was reminded of some good advice that we recieved at our Pre-feild Orientation. We were encouraged to pick a Family verse, that we can hold to and come back to when we are questioning or needing assurance. Our family verse is Psalm 84:4-7
Blessed are those who dwell in your house,
they are ever praising you
Blessed are those whose strength is in you
who have set their hearts on pilgrimage
As they pass through the Valley of Baca (or Mexico City)
they make it a place of springs
the autum rains also cover it with pools
they go from strength to strength
until each appear before God in Zion

one of the verses that really stuck out to me was "who have set their hearts on pilgrimage" I completely resonate with that! I feel like we are on a journey, and this is what we have been created for. That it is not a short or easy jaunt but a pilgrimage that may even consume the rest of our lives. But we are commited to the task, we have our hearts set on the goal, and it is to that end that we will move forward, always looking ahead, to where we are called. The next verse says "As they pass through the Valley of Baca they make it a place of springs". I have claimed this verse to mean, that I will not allow our circumstance to dictate our life. It's up to us to choose or attitudes each and every day, to wake up thankful for another day, ready to give whatever is required of me with a genuine love for the people around me. We have the ability to make any desert into spirings.

No comments: